Wednesday, April 27, 2022

S.H.S. Show Coverage - Neighborhood Shit, Fed Ash, & Ritual Blade At O'Brien's - April 22, 2022

 

 

I recently went to O'Brien's for honestly my second time ever. I've been hanging out in Allston for years, but really only got back into hardcore punk and metal shows after the worst of the pandemic has been behind us. Unfortunately I had a delayed arrival and missed a few bands, but the three I was able to check out were well worth a post! 


NEIGHBORHOOD SHIT was up first - they play a furiously fast, very likeable hardcore punk, the kind you know you have been enjoying for years at shows and what not. I'm definitely a fan! Drums are super tight. They have music on their bandcamp up for "name your price," I suggest that you check it out immediately. I actually went to see these guys again the very next day at a local basement show, they were killer!

 

Next was FED ASH, all the way from Syracuse, New York. I hadn't heard of them, but I was blown away by their sound and performance! They played a unique, atmospheric sort of sludge... Vocalist Allie French in particular added to the intriguing otherworldliness. The guitarists played with some interesting effects, and I believe I saw the bassist using a tape player for something as well. They have a lot of music out, I purchased their recent 4-way split on vinyl. 


RITUAL BLADE is actually the band I came for this particular evening. This band has been around since 2016, and they caught my attention during the height of the pandemic in 2020. I love their dark aesthetics. They play a very punk-focused D-beat & hardcore. Again, similar to the feel of Neighborhood Shit, if you are a regular reader of this blog, or have been into Boston or NY/NJ HC for a long time you will feel right at home listening to / moshing to this band. I spoke briefly with the guitarist Nick, he seemed like a really good dude as well, always a plus.

My favorite song was "Circles Disconnect," which there is a music video of as well as my footage from the show below.




Ritual Blade has an EP called "Hate Overflows" up on their bandcamp right now for "name your price." Please support the band.




Many thanks to MOSTLY FAST for putting on this great show, I am looking forward to attending more of these in the near future!


* * *






No comments:

Post a Comment