Saturday, April 16, 2022

Deterioration, Psycho, Shitangel, & Burt Bacharach at Cantab Underground 4/15/22

 

I visited the legendary Cantab in Cambridge MA for the first time, this is another great venue around among those such as O'Brien's and Ralph's Rock Diner. Apparently this place has been around FOREVER.

The first set was by BURT BACHARACH, a very entertaining grindcore band, with the drummer doing vocals as well. I could not find much about them online, but if you get a chance to see them do so, as I said they are very amusing, the themes were all over the place including pop culture, Norse gods, and horror of course.

SHITANGEL - Oh my god! "Disgusting black/death/thrash straight from the gutter." They also can be described as war metal. From Burlington, VT, this was one of the best live acts I've seen in ages! So much fun! I loved how the vocalist was drinking tallboys the entire time, and of course the energy and outfits. I need to get a CD from them, but I would rather a pro shot VIDEO! Check out my pics and footage:









Next up was PSYCHO, legendary Boston punk/grind band. They have been around for over 40 years and just released their album "Vulture Church," in 2021, their first new one for 6 years. They performed as GG Allin's backing band on GG Allin - Freaks, Faggots, Drunks & Junkies. I really was in awe of the guitarist's chops in particular, I highly respect them.

 


 

 

DETERIORATION - Ridiculously good death metal, coming here all the way from Minnesota. The drummer I would say was the most skilled this evening, super tight playing lightning fast. I dug the vocal style as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment