Sunday, October 17, 2021

Club Cyberia XIV - feat. Moris Blak, Sidewalks & Skeletons, & Pictureplane!


Story after the jump...

At the last minute on Instagram I discovered Moris Blak, Pictureplane and others were participating in a livestream event, a virtual rave on Twitch called "Club Cyberia XIV." This was to also have Final Fantasy XIV in-game participation, characters can congregate and make themselves dance, and there was a costume contest and everything! Pretty cool concept, I love video games but I do not get into MMOs at all personally due to the time required.

Taken from their official website:

Club Cyberia is "Primal DC's gothic/cyberpunk themed venue showcasing live music and media. We aim to infuse our love for FFXIV with our decadently curated lineup of artists/DJs from beyond the Eorzean universe. Each show caters to a different set of musicians, producers, and DJs that we wholeheartedly admire. Our monthly events will have something special to offer each and every time, including special RAFFLES and PRIZES!" I love this idea, very creative! 

I began listening to the stream casually when NFRACT came on, they grabbed my attention with hard driving beats, I'm going to have to explore their Soundcloud to get more familiar. 

EBERSTARK was up next! This was a high energy, old school rave, acid, trance, bass & hardstyle inspired set! Genres all over the place and I absolutely loved it - we were all pumping our fists non-stop! I will definitely be getting more into this DJ in the future.  I found that they uploaded the set officially on YouTube!


MANAPOOL's set was varied with drum n'bass, wave & anime inspired selections. Another artist to explore more thoroughly, as I had only heard of them up until this point.

MORIS BLAK's set was tight and full of specially curated music videos. He played my favorite song from The Irregularity of Being, "Upgrade Me," and much more. 

A major highlight of the evening was a surprise premiere of a new song, taken from an upcoming BLUE PRISON EP! See below for that in my video clip footage! I can't wait to hear more about that soon.

SIDEWALKS AND SKELETONS hit us with a rollercoaster ride of a set with playing everything from uptempo Crystal Castles re-imaginations to slow depressive with house that we know and love.

PICTUREPLANE's set absolutely blew me away... he killed it with his unique take on 90s electronica, old school acid & techno, breakcore, and more! I hadn't heard him DJ live since I attended the BBQ Films "Blade Rave" a number of years ago, where the footage for TECHNOMANCER was shot. He actually spun a lot of drum n' bass, which was a nice surprise. The livestream malfunctioned during a big drop and started his set over from the beginning, which I did not mind at all - I'm sure it was a "Blue Monday" moment for all the listeners!

The visuals for Pictureplane were fantastic, lots from anime such as Akira & Neon Genesis, videogame culture such as Sonic The Hedgehog & DDR! 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment