Sunday, September 12, 2021

Upcoming Events In The Area - Mid September Edition

So I have recovered from a breakthrough COVID infection since my last post. Grateful for the vaccine in that my case was mild. Let's get masked up and back to normal! Here are some shows I'm excited about that are coming up. 


1. 9/17/21 DARQ @ Koto in Salem. Vudu DJ teams up with DJ Brian L of Corrosion! If you have been reading this blog you already know this is the place to be each month... and for this one in particular we get 2 big local names in the goth/industrial scene DJing.

 



FB Event Link: https://fb.me/e/ENiYlMAj

2. 9/18/21 INFRA Presents - INFRASTRUCTURE (Open Air Festival) @ Underground At Ink Block - 90 Traveler St. Boston

FB Event Link: https://fb.me/e/1PEIIyIgR

This is going to be a must see techno/electronic music event, especially going by video footage from their past events. There's going to a full day of music, art vendors and food trucks, its basically an outdoor festival! Hopefully it doesn't rain, although it did for their last one of these and people had a great time all the same.

 


I don't know any of these and to a music geek like myself that is more exciting than anything, lots of great talent to discover for the first time!

3. 9/23/21 7:30 PM Grayskull Booking Presents Blood Incantation, Mourned & Funeral Leech @ The Middle East Downstairs.

I can't wait for this one, Blood Incantation is pretty mega and I'm really into Mourned, I saw them last in 2019 with Fuming Mouth. They are local. I'm interested in checking out Funeral Leech, I've never seen them before.

On this very same day, there is also another metal / show at 8:00 at the Middle East, Capra, Ritual Blade, Year of the Fist, & Face First. This is kind of a strange deal making metalheads pick from the aforementioned show and this one, also booked by Grayskull. Not sure what they were thinking. Ritual Blade & Face First are two local bands I've checked out on Bandcamp and I would love to see play.

4. 9/17/21 I also noticed GATECREEPER & KNOCKED LOOSE are playing at The Middle East... two incredible bands to see if you are not near or interested in DARQ in Salem. I'm not familiar with the openers for this one.

Middle East Events Page: http://www.mideastoffers.com/all-shows

5. 9/25/21 TCB Hardcore Booking is putting on a show at the Peabody VFW (20 Stevens St) which is a benefit show for Hopeful Journeys, a private education in Beverly for autism spectrum disorders & other developmentally-challenged students).

Bands:

The Greying (I'm particularly interested in The Greying! They play kind of an older 90s style metalcore, or "metallic hardcore" as I used to call it)
 

 

6. 10/2/21 OH THE HUMANITY - Record Release Show at Obrien's Pub in Allston

FB Event Link: https://fb.me/e/21BSBk2pP


 

Love these guys & I'm stoked to hear the new LP! Their sound takes me back to my first local shows in Jersey when I was a teenager. If you are a fan of melodic punk I wouldn't miss it. Radio Compass is opening, I'm curious to find out what they are all about as well. They are from right here in Salem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment